ISTE Community Guidelines
Welcome to our community! Please take a look at our guidelines for participation before jumping in.
This community is a place to seek the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience and take part in an ongoing conversation that’s friendly, safe, supportive and harassment free.
There are a few things that we’ve found go a long way toward making the community a helpful and pleasant place to be:
- Clearly and concisely state the topic of your comments in the subject line. This helps members respond more appropriately and makes it easier to search the archives by subject.
- Make sure to communicate professionally and constructively, handle dissent or disagreement with courtesy and be respectful when providing feedback.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate forums. In other words, don’t spam several forums with the same message.
For the best (and least annoying) experience, keep your subscriptions and notifications up to date in your ISTE Connect profile.
Don’t make us kick you out!
We don’t want to delete your posts, but we will if they:
- Infringe, violate or misappropriate any third party’s intellectual property rights or other proprietary or contractual rights.
- Engage in advertising or commercial activities, spamming, "chain letters," "pyramid schemes,” or advertisement of illegal or controlled products or services.
- Promote job openings.
- Promote illegal activities.
We also can’t let you collect, use or disclose data, including personal information, about other users without their consent, for unlawful purposes, or in violation of any laws or regulations.
The fine print
ISTE's community is an open forum. Views and opinions expressed by community members are not representative of or endorsed by ISTE. Community members own the content they author. ISTE reserves the right to redistribute this content, either for editorial or marketing purposes. You are welcome to reprint or share any content owned by ISTE as long as it is for non-commercial use and attributes as “Content courtesy of ISTE, originally published .” We reserve the right to delete, move or edit messages that deem abusive, defamatory, obscene or otherwise unacceptable. To foster a climate that promotes both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate participation in this community if these guidelines are violated. By joining and using this community, you acknowledge that you have read, understand and agree to these guidelines.